
Okay so... I understand sight: lightwaves from the sun reflect off of objects and bounce into my eyes which interpret the rays and transform them into colors and shades.
I also understand sound: vibrations travel through the air and my ear interprets those waves into sounds.
And touch is pretty easy too, I mean... physical contact between my hand and something else.
But taste and smell are a bit trickier. How are smells transmitted through the air? What gives my nose the ability to interpret those "smell waves" (or as I will call them, "smaves")? How do my tastebuds work?
Does anybody else find these two senses frustratingly elusive?
5 comments:
What a fantastic visual aid. I like that smell and taste are crossed out, like you're opposed to them and trying to rid the world of these hard-to-define senses.
No, not so much that I am opposed to them, it's more like a chart of my understanding. Sound, Sight, and touch all pass the test, but taste and smell I'm still flunking.
Personally I think sight is the crazy one. Images are UPSIDE DOWN on my retina in the BACK of my eyeball, yet I see them right side up?? Whatever, just call it magic.
hmm...I have never thought of it, but now that you bring it to my attention...weird.
Post a Comment