Let's just get it out there. As I've mentioned, I sometimes have a mini-epiphany and "get" a word that most people "got" in or before 2nd grade. Well, I had a new one tonight... ready for it?
Retainer
Just think about it.
(I'll give you a little hint in case you are lost: the root word is "retain," and they give it to you right after you get your braces off...)
Now just sit back and contemplate the complexities of life.
I wish that I could say that I get meanings to words. But alas, I am retarded. Welp, I guess I will just have to live in a world of meaningless words...
5 comments:
ah, when you finally realize a word actually has a meaning and it's not just a bizarre sound... I have been there.
I love those little moments in life when you realize something you had not noticed before. Moments like that make me smile to myself.
That's funny. I, on the other hand, think for hours on how people came up with that name. For example, Spoon. That is such a bizarre word.
I bet you can't guess who this is! It's me, your anonymous friend! I love it when you realize words--like cooperate!
I wish that I could say that I get meanings to words. But alas, I am retarded. Welp, I guess I will just have to live in a world of meaningless words...
PS I enjoy this picture of MIKA!!
Post a Comment